Cycle Maine & Acadia National Park
While the rugged beauty of Acadia National Park naturally gets the headlines there is so much more to cycling in Maine. From the coastal scenery that inspired the tempestuous seascapes of the acclaimed 19th-century American painter, Winslow Homer, to the quintessential New England fishing villages and lighthouses, to riding up a mountain at dawn to watch the sunrise above the Atlantic Ocean, Maine offers something for cyclists at every level. Spend your days riding the quiet and beautiful tree-lined roads and your evenings enjoying some of America’s finest seafood cuisine – the perfect antidote to busy city life.
- Ride through the beautifully rugged Acadia National Park, one of the nation’s most beloved parks.
- Enjoy sunrise and epic views from the top of Cadillac Mountain, known for being the first place to see the sunrise in the United States.
- Dine on some of America’s finest seafood cuisine – with a local leader’s expert insight to guide you to the best spots.
- Pedal through quintessential New England fishing villages and visit some of the most inspiring lighthouses you’ll ever see.
- Cycle the same rugged coastal scenery that inspired the tempestuous seascapes of the acclaimed 19th-century American painter, Winslow Homer.
- Cycle in the company of an experienced cycling guide as they share their unique perspective of this fascinating region.
- Adventure and Active
Our leaders are born and raised in-country, and they know their destination better than anyone. So you’ll do more than just see a place, you’ll live it. Small groups, big adventures and responsible travel – that’s our thing. With 1,000 trips in a variety of styles across 100 countries, we’re sure you’ll find something you like. So let’s get started.
1. Real life experiences
What is travel but a search for something that can’t be Googled? We love the highlights, but the real magic for us happens well away from a beaten path. It’s the little noodle bars, hidden galleries and backstreet bodegas and real life experiences you won’t find in a search engine.
2. Connected by travel
The beauty of small group travel isn’t just new places, it’s new perspectives. It’s the stories you hear and the friendships you forge, the ones that stick around long after the tan has faded. Our travellers come from all walks of life; what unites them is where they’re going.
3. Travel works best when it's balanced
Time is your most precious resource, especially on a holiday. That’s why our trips are built with balance in mind. A little group time, a little you time – the way it should be. And because our tours have an average of just 10 people, there’s more of the world to go round.
4. With great travel comes great responsibility
The world’s a pretty amazing place, and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. And all it takes is a little dash of self-awareness, a slightly softer tread. Sustainable travel doesn’t mean no fun. It means that fun can be used to benefit others. Respect.
5. Adventure should be for everyone
Age, pillow preference, budget, travelling solo or together – it doesn’t matter where you’re from, what matters is where you’d like to go. Our mission is to deliver the best travel experiences to anyone who’s up for them. So no matter if you favour a soft landing or a wild take-off, Intrepid stands for you.
6. Our leaders are the greatest
We realised early on that the best folks to show you the heart of a destination are, funnily enough, the ones that live there. These are our leaders: travel experts and friendly locals who know their countries back to front, from every backstreet bar to every hidden gallery. They’re the big, smiling face of Intrepid (and we couldn’t be prouder).